All levels-beginners to advanced, expertly taught
- Former Director of Keyboard Studies at Hamilton High School Academy of Music where I taught 7 levels of piano, from beginning to concert performance level, supervised a department of 6 other piano teachers, conducted the orchestra for musicals and soloed with the symphony orchestra and wind ensemble.
- I developed the standards and curriculum for all Piano Classes for the Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Conductor and/or pianist for many musicals on Broadway and touring companies
- Masters Degree in Piano Performance from Yale University School of Music
- Bachelor's Degree in Music Education from Hartt College of Music of the University of Hartford
- Former music faculty member-City University of New York
- Former music faculty member, Little Red Schoolhouse, New York City as well as a number of other conservatories
- I am a patient but thorough teacher. It is my pleasure to help each student experience the joy of music while becoming well versed in the fundamentals of piano technique, music theory, articulation and expression, sight-reading, transposition, and good practice habits.
- Lessons are individualized according to the students' interests and skill levels.
- Advanced "pop" skills are available such as improvisation, playing "by ear", interpreting sheet music, and reading lead sheets.
Contact me for one free trial lesson.
My home studio is conveniently located in the San Fernando Valley near Los Angeles California. You may use this form or call at 818-648-7335.